North East Dance work in partnership with many schools and educational establishments across the region.
We provide services for many special interest projects and are able to tailor our services for pupils with special needs.
We provide support for a variety of schemes, from school production coaching to dance and fitness workshops.
- Cross curricular workshops/classes.
- Educational programmes
- Dance classes/workshops during school hours
- Extended school provision
- After School Clubs
- Lunchtime clubs
- Drama clubs
- School performance / productions assistance
Dance F4ward ®
Dance F4ward ® is a school programme of cross curricular dance opportunities and an excellent way of engaging with all young people.
Our programmes are an innovative, fun and exciting way to enhance topics and themes being studied.
Physical Development has various important aspects -
- Improved skills and co-ordination.
- Improved spatial awareness.
- Health and body awareness.
- Confidence Building.
- Healthy and active.
- Positive sense of well-being.
A programme of gentle exercises and dance movement for disabled children and young disabled adults including challenging behaviour, developmental disability, learning difficulties and physical disabilities.
We aim to provide fun dance sessions using drama, singing and including props to provide the participants with new skills and to enhance their creative abilities as well as raising awareness of group participation. We fully endorse Every Disabled Child Matters (EDCM) to get rights and justice for every disabled child and their families and the services and support they need to lead ordinary lives.
This project is to enable participants up to the age of 19 years to:
- Support young people to gain confidence and increase self-esteem through dance and learning
- Involve young people in constructive activities in a safe and structured environment.
- Celebrate achievement and have fun.
- Increase the social skills of young people including the development of self-discipline, self- respect and self-confidence.
- Increased structured, informal and positive physical activities for young people to help improve wellbeing.
Those members of our community who are sometimes discriminated against because of a disability are given the opportunity to access and enjoy physical activities in a professional environment with excellent teachers.
Jive Alive ® - Dance On Prescription
Working within the Sunderland area we have introduced "Jive Alive ® - Dance On Referral" as part of the Sunderland Council Exercise On Referral package.
Dance improves people’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This as a way to move away from more traditional methods of drug related prescriptions (where appropriate) by introducing a more holistic health approach.
Follow these easy steps for your "Dance On Referral" :
- Step 1: Consultation with GP.
- Step 2: Wellness Centre Referral
- Step 3: Attend your FREE "Dance on Referral" session.
- Step 4: Have fun!
- Step 5: Enjoy feeling healthier and fitter!
Dare to Be… ®
"Dare to be...®" is an exciting brand new initiative from North East Dance designed for and aimed at young people. The programme covers 10 issues which affect young people in today's society.
- Racism Awareness
- Bullying Awareness
- Knife Crime Awareness
- Youth Disorder Awareness
- Drugs Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness
- Sexual Health Awareness
- Smoking Awareness
- Health and Wellbeing Awareness
- Emotional Resilience Awareness
Using dance, discussion and role play we explore with young people how these issues affect their lives. The programme is very interactive and is an excellent way of engaging with all young people.
** together we can DARE TO BE...
- Be Diverse
- Be Safe
- Be Respected
- Be Successful
- Be Aware
- Be Responsible
- Be Free
- Be Fit and Healthy
- Be Strong